Sunburst Tie Dye Technique T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye
- T-shirt, white 100% cotton
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper Towels
- Wash T-shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with plastic. Lay damp shirt out flat on prepared surface, smooth flat with hands.
- Decide where you want sunbursts to be. Pull 4” of fabric up into a tube shape and wrap a rubber band at the 2” point. Repeat along shirt for desired number of sunbursts.
- Wearing plastic gloves from kit, fill dye bottles with water to fill line. Shake until dye is completely dissolved.
- Squeeze Fuchsia dye on tips of tube shapes and Navy Blue dye onto the remaining portions of shirt.
- Cover the shirt with the plastic tablecloth to keep damp and let set 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense colors.
- Rinse well with water until excess dye is removed. Cut rubber bands. Fill washer to “large load” setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately.