Sundae Cake Pops
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies
- 13"x9"x2" Sheet Pan
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- 6" Lollipop Sticks
- Candy Melts® Candy: White (48 oz. makes 16 to 18 treats), Orange (12 oz. makes 16 to 18 treats), Yellow (12 oz. makes 16 to 18 treats), Red (12 oz. makes 16 to 18 treats), Blue (12 oz. makes 16 to 18 treats)
- Garden Candy Colors Set (pink, green, violet used)
- Pops Decorating Stand
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Rainbow Nonpareils
- Favorite medium-sized (1-1/2" dia.) cake ball pops recipe
- Microwave-safe bowls
- Solid vegetable shortening
- Food-safe scissors
- Cinnamon drops
1. Make cake pops. Prepare 1-1/2" dia. cake ball pops and insert sticks following recipe directions.
2. Dip cake pops. Melt white, orange, yellow, red and blue Candy Melts candy in microwave-safe bowls. Reserve 1/2 cup melted white candy. Divide remaining melted white candy equally into 3 bowls. Use candy colors from set to tint pink, green and violet. Dip cake pops in melted tinted candy. Tap dipped cake pops gently on side of container to smooth and remove excess candy. Place in decorating stand. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Decorate cake pops. Use 1/2 teaspoon shortening to thin reserved melted white candy. Transfer to disposable decorating bag. Cut off small point of disposable decorating bag. Use thinned melted white candy to pipe topping and drips on cake pops. Immediately sprinkle with nonpareils and position cinnamon drop. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 5 to 10 minutes.