SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Walnut Hollow clock works
- White Styrofoam brand foam:
- Large disc 11-7/8"x1-5/16"
- Medium disc 8-7/8"x1-3/16"
- Small disc 4"x1"
- Sheets 1/2"x11-7/8"x35-7/8"
- Large platter or pizza pan
- 12"x12" paper:
- 2 sheets each three coordinating yellow patterns
- 1 sheet each coordinating black and brown
- Spray paint: yellow, brown
- Circle punch
- Styrofoam glue
- Glue stick
- Brayer (small hand roller)
- Black marker
- Deckle-edge Scissors
- Serrated knife or electric knife
- Place two sheets of Styrofoam adjacent to each other and trace a large circle on it using a large platter or pizza pan. (Pictured item has a 21" diameter) This will be the diameter of the petals. Divide each half circle into six segments (like a pie) and draw on petal shapes with pencil. Number each of the 12 segments, at the inner point, with marker, so you can reassemble them later. Place the medium disc over the center, and trace with pencil.
- Cut apart each petal. Spray edges of each petal yellow and let dry. Caution: Spray from a distance of 18".
- Using three coordinating yellow papers, cover the petals. Position the petal (numbered side down) on the back of the paper and trace around it with a pencil. Cut inside the pencil line with deckle-edge scissors, trimming off bottom point, so number is visible. Apply glue to backs of the papers and attach to front of petals. Smooth with brayer, and allow to dry overnight.
- Cut a square hole in the center of the large disc and spread glue on the entire surface. Reassemble all the petals, adding glue between petals as you position them on the larger disc; the larger disc adds stability to the separate petals. Let dry.
- Cut a square hole in the center of the medium disc, large enough to accommodate clock works. Slice small disc to 3/8" thickness, to accommodate clock construction. Cut a small hole in the center, for the clock stem. Spray the edges of the medium and small circles brown.
- Trace the medium disc onto the back of black patterned paper and cut with deckle-edge scissors. Cut out square hole and glue to disc. Cover small disc with brown patterned paper. Poke a small hole at the center for the clock stem. Insert clock mechanism into the medium disc with stem accessible. Apply glue to the back of the small disc and slip over the stem, onto the black patterned paper. Allow glue to dry. Center and glue medium disc over petals. Allow glue to dry.
- Punch 12 circles from yellow paper scraps and glue, evenly spaced, to clock face with glue stick.
- Assemble remainder of clock works and add clock numbers.