Sunflower Mini Quilt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3/4 yd quilt cotton for background
- Fat quarters:
- 5 to 10 assorted yellow, orange or gold for flowers
- 3 assorted brown for flower centers
- 2 assorted green for leaves, stems & binding
- 12"x25" batting
- Sulky KK2000 temporary spray adhesive
- Sulky Solvy water-soluble stabilizer
- Buttons, assorted black
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & ironing surface
- Optional: tweezers
- From background fabric, cut two 12"x25" rectangles. Set 1 aside for backing. On the right side of the background piece for the quilt top, lightly mark 3 sunflowers from pattern. Turn sunflower pattern to a different position for each flower.
- From each of the flower & flower center fat quarters, cut three 3/4" strips. Cut each strip into 3/4" squares.
- Following manufacturer's instructions, spray Sulky KK2000 temporary spray adhesive on the marked sunflowers. Adhesive overspray may be removed with the heat of a dry iron.
- Place 3/4" squares of fabric onto tacky quilt top. If needed, use tweezers to place or remove squares until design achieved. According to the manufacturer, adhesive will remain tacky for 2 to 5 days. Re-spray as necessary to retain tackiness.
- Cut four 2-1/2" strips of green fabric for binding. Set aside.
- Cut 3 stems & 3 leaves. Add to quilt top, tucking edges under flower squares.
- When design is completed as desired, layer quilt top over batting and background piece. Place a piece of Sulky Solvy water-soluble stabilize over the quilt top, pin in place & quilt as desired, being sure to capture each 3/4" square.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to remove stabilizer. If tackiness from adhesive remains, follow manufacturer's instructions and press using a dry iron.
- Trim quilt to 11"x24".
- With right sides together, stitch ends of binding strips. Fold with wrong sides together and press. With raw edges even, stitch binding to quilt. Turn and whip stitch binding to back of quilt.
- Stitch assorted buttons to sunflower centers.
Customers Who Viewed this Product, Also Viewed these Products