Sunflower Wall Art
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft® Foam: 6” & 9” discs
- Plastic forks (24)
- Plastic spoons (19)
- Spray paint: yellow, orange
- 1 lb. dry black beans
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Paperclips (2)
- Tacky glue
1. Insert handle end of one fork into edge of large Foam disc. Continue inserting forks, about 1? apart, around outside of disc. Optional: For greater permanence, one at a time, remove each fork, apply glue, and re-insert back into disc.
2. Similarly insert spoon handles around smaller Foam disc.
3. Decide which side is better – with spoons and forks curved toward or away.
4. In a well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray all sides and edges of both sunflowers with two light coats yellow spray paint. Be sure to hold can 10”-12” away from the foam to prevent melting the foam. Allow to dry.
5. For forks sunflower, use orange spray paint to spray about an 1” around outside of Foam disc, leaving center yellow. To spray edge of disc and lightly mist forks, hold can so that nozzle is about 4” away from outside edge of forks. Spray short bursts across surface of sunflower. Rotate sunflower until sprayed all around edges. (Note: Some of the spray will “catch” on the fork tines creating desirable dimension.)
6. Repeat to spray spoon sunflower, but cover entire top with orange so that no yellow shows. Allow to dry.
7. Apply generous amount of glue to center and spread to within 1”-2? of edge of Foam disc. Press single layer of black beans onto glued area. Allow to dry.
8. For hanger on back, measure and mark 2” down from top. Slightly separate curved end of paper clip 1/2?. Insert shorter, rounded ends up into slits, creating hanger loop with longer end of paper clip. Repeat to add hanger to other sunflower. (Glue if loose.)