Sunny Day Puzzle
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Sculpey III clay:
- Three 2-oz bars, French Blue
- 1 bar each: Yellow, Red Hot Red, Just Orange, Granny Smith
- Scant amount, Emerald
- Studio by Sculpey acrylic clay roller
- 5"x7" cardstock
- 1 sheet copier paper
- Clay knife
- Baking pan
Refer to photo.
- Copy puzzle pieces onto cardstock. Cut out the outside edge of the complete puzzle.
- Prepare clay slab, 1/4" thick. Place clay slab on copier paper to protect work surface. Using the cardstock, trim the outer edge of the puzzle. Remove scraps.
- Cut out each piece of the puzzle from the cardstock. Lay them on the slab and cut out each piece. Lift the copier paper and puzzle into a baking pan and bake the entire puzzle, following the package directions, for 10 minutes to firm the top enough to work on each piece. Once baked, remove the copier paper from under the puzzle quickly so puzzle will cool flat.
- Decorate 1 piece at a time. Decorate pieces in place but don't allow overlapping clays to touch surrounding pieces. Protect surrounding pieces by putting the matching cardstock puzzle piece over the top. Press fresh clay decorations on exposed puzzle piece. Repeat decorating pieces. When complete, bake puzzle with the cardstock barriers in place, following package directions. Quickly remove cardstock barriers.