SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Canvas, 11"x14"
- Alphabet stickers
- Masking fluid (art supply section)
- Nylon bristle brush
- Spray paint: orange; yellow; bright pink
- White paint: spray or bottled (& brush)
- X-Acto® knife & soft eraser (optional)
1. Paint the entire canvas white, using either spray paint or bottled paint and brush. Let dry.
2. Paint a sun, loosely, in upper left corner with masking fluid. Wash brush out immediately. Let dry.
3. Use a ruler to align the alphabet stickers on the canvas. Press them down securely, so the spray paint does not seep underneath.
4. Beginning with pink spray in the lower right corner, make light sweeping arcs to cover the edges of the canvas and the canvas itself. Continue toward the sunshine with orange spray paint, being sure to hit the edges of the canvas as well. Finish with the yellow spray paint over the sunshine. Check the edges to make sure they are painted.
5. Allow to dry for only a few minutes. Remove the alphabet stickers with the tip of the X-Acto® knife and discard. Rub off the masking fluid with either a soft eraser or finger.