SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fimo® clay: yellow & orange
- Orange ribbon
- Clay conditioning machine
- Stylus or toothpick
- 2 sunshine patterns (variation on a star)
- Circle pattern
- Straw to punch circle at top
- X-Acto® knife
- Hard surface, such as glass from a small frame
- Waxed paper
- Baking sheet
1. Cover the hard surface with a small piece of waxed paper. Following manufacturer’s directions, run the yellow clay through the clay conditioning machine, then set clay on waxed paper. Place the larger of the two sunshine patterns on the clay and trace around it with X-Acto® knife. Cut a small circle from the same yellow clay, and make the face, using the stylus. Remove all excess yellow clay, but leave the sunshine and circle on the waxed paper.
2. On another small piece of waxed paper, make the orange clay sunshine, using the same technique. Remove excess orange clay, then manipulate the waxed paper to peel off the smaller sunshine. Center orange shape on yellow shape and set on baking sheet with a trimmed piece of waxed paper under it.
3. Center the yellow face on the clay sunshine. Punch a hole at the top with a drinking straw. Bake according to manufacturer’s directions; let cool, and remove from waxed paper. Tie a piece of ribbon through the hole and hang.