Super Easy Woven Poncho
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 pkgs. each Wrights Simple Scarf Mesh, white & black
- 1 Skein each, various black and white decorative yarns:
- Patons Twister, Zebra
- Patons Glittallic, black/silver
- Caron Glimmer, black
- Lion Brand Fun Fur: black, white
- Lion Brand Funfetti, Zebra black
- Sensations Angel Hair, white
- 1 pkg. iron-on seam tape, optional
- Measuring tape
- Follow manufacturer's instructions for working with the mesh.
- Cut 3 pieces each of white and black mesh 42" long.
- Use approx 50" pieces of yarn for weaving. Use different combinations of yarn threading anywhere from 3 to 5 pieces on the yarn needle at a time. Use mostly white on white mesh, mostly black on black mesh.
- Leave 6" fringe at one end of each scarf
- Form 2 panels by weaving or sewing black, white, black and white, black, white scarves together.
- To stabilize fabric panels, stitch along top edge and bottom edge of fabric.
- Stitch panels together either by hand or machine matching up the top of one panel to the side of the other panel and repeat for other side. As the illustration indicates, match A to A and B to B.
- Trim fringe.
HINT: If machine sewing, iron-on hem tape will help stabilize the fabric.