Surf’s Up Horizontal Stripe Tie-Dye T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® -- Surf’s Up
- White 100% cotton T-shirt
- Disposable plastic table cover
- Washable marker
- Wash shirt and leave damp. Lay lout flat on covered work surface and smooth out wrinkles.
- Use washable marker to draw wavy lines horizontally across front of shirt, approximately 2-3” apart. Pleat along each line so that the marker forms a straight line across the tops of pleats. Secure tightly along each line with a rubber band.
- Mix dye colors according to package directions. Apply to each tied section in desired color order.
- Cover shirt with plastic and allow to set 6-8 hours.
- Remove bands and rinse shirt under running water to remove excess dye.
- Wash and dry shirt according to fabric requirements.