Surprise Inside Commencement Cupcakes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton&® foodcrafting supplies:Roll-Out Cookie Recipe12" Rolling Pin3 pc. Graduation Cookie Cutter Set15-1/4" x 10-1/4" Medium Cookie Pan10"x16" Cooling GridColor Flow Icing MixColor Flow Icing Recipe (available on mix)Icing Colors: Royal Blue, Golden Yellow12" Disposable Decorating BagsDecorating Tips: 3, 1MCongrats Grad Standard Baking CupsTwo-tone Cupcake Pan Set12-Cup Standard Muffin PanWhite Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing—4.5 lb. Tub
- Food-safe scissors
- Favorite cupcake recipe or mix
1. Prepare cookie dough and roll out following recipe directions. Use shooting star cutter from set to cut shapes. Use knife to cut off tail of star. Bake cookies and allow to cool completely.
2. Decorate cookies one day in advance. Prepare Color Flow icing according to recipe directions. Tint portions blue and yellow. Thin portions blue and yellow. Use tip 3, cut disposable decorating bag and full-strength blue icing to outline stars. Use thinned blue icing in cut disposable decorating bag to flow in stars. Allow to dry overnight. Use tip 3, cut disposable decorating bag and full-strength yellow icing to pipe message on stars. Allow to dry 1 to 2 hours.
3. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Tint a portion of batter blue. Use insert from two-tone cupcake pan set and batters to make two-tone cupcakes according to package instructions. Bake cupcakes and allow to cool completely.
4. Use tip 1M, cut disposable decorating bag and white decorator icing to pipe a swirl on top of cupcakes. Position cookies.