Sweatshirt Flower Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Adult sweatshirt, size L
- Fabric glue
- Scissors and/or rotary cutter and mat
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Cut off hood, cuffs, and bottom band.
2. Carefully remove pocket.
3. Cut apart all seams except shoulder seams.
4. Fold at shoulder and lay flat; cut a piece the length of the sweatshirt 3” wide at the shoulder seam to 2” wide at the bottom.
5. Set aside for scarf.
6. Cut the remaining sweatshirt pieces into 2” strips (cut apart shoulder seams).
7. Cut one edge of each strip with a random wavy pattern. No pattern is needed.
8. By machine or hand, sew a gather stitch along straight edge.
9. Pull gathering slightly.
10. Knot thread at inside edge.
11. Roll and glue gathered strip into a flower.
12. Make enough flowers to cover scarf.
13. Glue flowers into place.