Sweet Baby Lamb Treat Pops
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies
- Medium Cookie Pan
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- 1-3/4" round cutter (found in 101 Pc. Cookie Cutter Set)
- Treat Pops
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Cake Decorating Tip 12
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing—4.5 lb. Tub
- 9” Fondant Roller with Pink Guide Rings
- White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant (1/2 oz. needed for each)
- Oval Cut-Outs Fondant Cutters (medium [1-7/16"] cutter used)
- Fine Tip Foodwriter Edible Color Markers (black used)
- Decorator Brush
- Piping Gel
- Favorite white cake recipe or mix (one cake mix yields approx. 11 treats)
- Food-safe scissors
- Make cake circles. Prepare white cake batter following recipe directions. Bake cake and allow to cool completely according to pan package directions. Use knife to trim cake to 1/2" high. Use 1-3/4" cookie cutter to cut out four cake rounds for each treat pop.
- Assemble treat pops. Push cake round into bottom of treat pop. Use tip 12 and white decorator icing to pipe a swirl of icing from back edge following the curve of the container, then filling in the center. Repeat to add three more layers of cake and icing, building up icing on top.
- Decorate treat pops. Use fondant roller with pink guide rings to roll out fondant 1/16" thick. Use the medium-sized oval fondant cutter and cut two shapes for each treat. For face, use one oval and with knife, trim off ¼ of one end. Use black Foodwriter marker to draw lamb’s face. For ears, use one oval and use knife to cut in half crosswise. Use damp brush to brush cut edge on each and gather to secure. For feet, roll four fondant balls for each, approximately 1/2" dia. Use piping gel to attach fondant pieces to outside of treat pop.
Project Tip: Treat pops make a charming display on your Easter dessert table. Use the cap to stand them up and display surrounded with Wilton Jumbo Daisy Sprinkles or Wilton Spring Confetti Mix.
Wilton and the Wilton logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Wilton Industries, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.