SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® 12"x12" Birthday Wishes stack
- One 4"x6" photo (horizontal)
- Two 12"x12" sheets of white cardstock
- Two 12"x12" sheets of black cardstock
- Coordinating buttons
- Personal die cut machine with access to an alphabet cartridge
- Sewing machine with black thread
- Sewing needle
- Mini heart paper crafting punch
- Mini circle paper crafting punch
- Paper crafting adhesive
- Paper trimmer
1. Select a print from the stack. Cut this to 11-1/2"x11-1/2" and mount in the center of the 1st black cardstock sheet.
2. Cut your 1st white cardstock sheet to 10-1/2"x10-1/2". Mount this in the center of your grouping from step 1. Sew around the inside edges of the white cardstock sheet as shown, 1/8" in from all sides.
3. Cut some “rays" (elongated triangles) from a yellow print in the stack. Adhere them in a semi circle on the top left area of the page.
4. Cut a large shield from one of the stack prints. Adhere this just below the “rays".
5. Cut a pennant that is 9-1/4"x3". Add a “v" cut at one end and leave the other as-is. Adhere this to the page, overlapping the shield.
6. Mount your photo with the white as well as the black cardstock, leaving 1/8" of each one visible around the edges of the preceding piece.
7. Punch out 14 mini circles and 4 mini hearts in coordinating prints. Cut out 4 pennants in an additional print as well and attach the hearts to the pennants. Sew the circles together in one strip and the pennants together in another and “hang" them just below the photo as shown.
8. Add journaling to the page with words cut from prints in the stack.
9. Finish off the layout by sewing two buttons in place along the sewn border.