Sweet & Rosy Headband
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/8 yd each of two coordinating quilting prints
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Create 2 fabric roses. From one quilting print cut a strip of fabric 3" by width of fabric. From another coordinating print, cut a strip of fabric 2"x22".
2. For each strip, fold in half lengthwise (1-1/2"x22") and finger press.
3. Cut a curved line at each end starting from the fold at the end and ending about 1" in from the end along the raw edges.
4. Sew a running stitch along the raw edge from folded end to folded end. Keep the needle threaded.
5. Pull thread to gather. Starting with the end where the thread knot is, swirl the gathered fabric to form flower. Sew the back of the flower catching the raw edges to hold the flower in shape. Knot end of thread and trim.
6. Complete steps 3 through 5 for second rose.
7. Adhere smaller fabric rose to the center of the larger. Adhere fabric roses to headband with glue. If headbands are not available, use appropriate apparel trim as a substitute.