Sweetheart Ribbon Vase
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper mache box
- 2 sheets 12"x12" patterned paper
- Red paint and brush
- Ribbon: wide polka dot and coordinating narrow ribbons
- Sticker embellishment
- Adhesive dots
- Paper trimmer
- Glue stick
- Discard lid. Paint inside of box, bottom and around edges, where paper may not cover.
- Cut paper 1/2" taller than the height of the paper mache box. Apply glue to the wrong side of the paper and adhere, keeping the top edge of the paper even with the top of the paper mache box. At 1/2" intervals, snip excess paper at the bottom of the box; fold over on bottom surface. Apply second paper in the same manner.
- Tie two lengths of wide ribbon around the box, and knot them. Tie the two ribbons together with a length of narrow ribbon. Continue tying on narrow ribbons, until you have a full pouf. Trim ends of all ribbons. Use adhesive dots to keep the wide ribbons in place and to attach the sticker embellishment.