Sweetheart Ruffle Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart Boutique Sassy Fabric: 1 hank Pink Dot
- Crochet hook: US I-9
GAUGE is not important for this pattern.
1. Before starting, slide ball band to one end of hank. Remove cardboard from center of hank. Begin scarf with inside end of Sassy Fabric and continue pulling from inside as you crochet.
2. Note that fabric has holes running along one side. You will be crocheting into each hole.
Scarf measures 52" long
1. Insert hook through 1st hole from back to front; repeat for 2nd, 3rd and 4th holes. There are now 4 holes on the hook.
2. Pinching together all four holes on the hook with left forefinger and thumb, insert hook from front to back into 5th hole and pull through all holes on hook.
3. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 with each group of 5 holes. Note: Be sure to put a stitch holder or safety pin on the working stitch if the work is put down. This holder needs to be larger than the hole so the work will not fall apart.
4. Continue until scarf is desired length; cut leaving 3" end. Pull end through last stitch and pull tight. Trim beginning and ending fabric strip points so that they blend in with the ruffles. With sewing needle and thread, secure last stitch so scarf will not unravel.
5. Shake out scarf so that ruffles spiral.