Swirling with Creativity
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit™, Rainbow
- Jerzees® white cotton T-shirt
- Plastic tablecloth
Note: Refer to photo for color and design placement. Read all instructions on Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit™ packaging before starting.
1. Prewash T-shirt to remove sizing; do not use fabric softener.
2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth and lay damp T-shirt flat on prepared surface.
3. Pinch fabric in center of T-shirt and twist until entire T-shirt forms a large swirl. Wrap three rubber bands around swirl, crossing rubber bands to create six wedge shapes.
4. Wearing gloves from tie-dye kit, prepare violet, blue and yellow dye bottles by adding water to each bottle and shaking thoroughly until dye is mixed.
5. Squeeze each color of dye onto wedge shapes, alternating colors. Carefully flip T-shirt over and add dye to the back side.
6. Cover T-shirt with plastic tablecloth to keep damp. Let T-shirt set for 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense color. Rinse thoroughly in warm running water, removing rubber bands at this time. Machine wash in a large load with hottest water suitable for T-shirt and a small amount of laundry detergent.
7. Machine dry separately.