SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Studio by Sculpey 2-oz. polymer clay blocks: Raspberry Smoothie and Spanish Olive
- Studio by Sculpey Etch ‘n Pearl tools
- Studio by Sculpey Bake & Bond adhesive
- Studio by Sculpey Glossy Glaze
- Clay tool variety set
- Paper mache frame
- Conventional or craft oven
- Oven thermometer
- Metal baking sheet or oven-proof glass
Preheat your oven to 275°F. Test temperature for perfectly cured clay.
- Condition clay, one color at a time, by kneading for 2 minutes.
- Roll Raspberry Smoothie into long coils, each about 1/4" in diameter.
- Wrap sections of the coils into various size swirls ranging from 1/4" to 1" in diameter as shown in picture.
- Arrange swirls on the frame, covering the entire area. Place a dot of Bake & Bond beneath each swirl.
- Roll tiny balls of Raspberry Smoothie. Fill gaps between swirls and edges.
- With the round end from the Clay Tool Variety Set, flatten tops of the tiny Raspberry Smoothie balls on the interior of the frame. Leave the tiny balls along the edges rounded.
- Roll tiny balls of Spanish Olive and place them on top of the flattened Raspberry Smoothie balls.
- Push tiny Spanish Olive balls into place with the largest concave end tool from the Etch ‘n Pearl tools.
- Coat the Spanish Olive accent balls with Glossy Glaze.
- Bake clay and frame at 275°F for 30 minutes. Do not microwave.Do not over brake. Allow to cool.