Switchback Macrame Bracelet
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 Clubhouse Crafts Tie Dye Silky Cord Card:
- Pink Rainbow
- Purple Rainbow
- Jewelry glue
1. Using Pink Rainbow Silky Cord measure and cut 8‚Äô of cord. (one 7‚Äô segment, and one 1‚Äô segment).
2. Cut 7‚Äô cord segment in half, and then in half again. (There will now be 4 equal length cord segments.)
3. Gather cords, line up cord ends and make a knot 5‚Äù from the ends.
4. Anchor cords to work surface using tape.
5. Begin Switchback Macram?© by crossing left strand over base strands and under right strand.
6. Pass right strand under the base strands and over the left strand.
7. Make the second half of a square knot; pull knot tight.
8. Pull the inside strands to the outside, and the outside strands to the inside.
9. Make the first half of a square knot but don‚Äôt pull tight. Leave a gap of desired space.
10. Make second half of square knot pulling tight to first half of knot.
11. Repeat Steps 4-9 to desired length.
12. Gather strands, make a knot and pull tight.
13. On each side of bracelet, trim 2 cords close to knot and secure with glue.
14. Using the remaining cords, make knots on each end of bracelet approximately 3‚Äù away from last knot.
15. Using the 1‚Äô cord segment make a sliding knot using the following directions.
To make sliding macram?© knot:
1. Form the bracelet ends into a circle by slightly overlapping the ends.
2. Place tape near the topmost knot to anchor cords to work surface.
3. With the 12‚Äù cord centered behind the bracelet cords make 3 flat square macram?© knots.
4. Tie a knot on the backside and secure with glue. Trim excess cords.
*This project makes up to 6 bracelets.