SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
• Dritz® Sewing Notions:
5/8” Fold-Over Elastic, Lime
5/8” Fold-Over Elastic, Melon
5/8” Fold-Over Elastic, Aqua
5/8” Fold-Over Elastic, Multi Chevron
Rotary cutter & mat
• Omnigrid® Rotary Cutter
• 1/4 yd fabric or fat quarter*
• Sewing machine
• 1/4 yd Fusible Interfacing (optional)
• Iron (optional)
*More fabric may be required if using a directional print.
*Multiple fabrics can be used. See step 1 for quantities.
DIRECTIONS: Seam Allowances are 1/4”. RS = right side(s). WS = wrong side(s).
1. Cut the fabric into one piece of each of the following:
13” x 4-1/4” for the inside lining
5” x 4-1/4” for the front/top
8-1/2” x 4-1/4” for the middle pocket
6-1/2” x 4-1/4” for the front pocket
7” x 4-1/4” for the back
If applying interfacing for extra stability, cut the same size pieces from the interfacing and apply.
2. To create the front pockets, fold the two pocket pieces in half, keeping the widths 4-1/4”. Cut a 5” strip of elastic for each pocket. Using the center crease of the elastic as a guide, fold the elastic down and across the top fold of the pocket. Pin, stitch and trim excess elastic from the sides.
3. Lay the two pocket pieces on top of each other, with the bottom raw edges aligned. Pin and stitch through the center of the front pocket to attach. This will turn the front pocket into two smaller pockets. Put aside.
4. Cut a 6” strip of elastic, and fold in half to 3”. Slide the elastic through the swivel hook and fold in half again. The elastic should now be approximately 1-1/2” around the hook. Lay the 7” piece of fabric down with RS up, as it will appear on the pouch when finished. Measure 5/8” in from the top left side, and pin the elastic and swivel hook to the fabric with the base of the hook extending past the top edge of the fabric by 1/4”. Zig zag stitch the bottom 1/2” of the elastic to the fabric – be sure to leave room at the top, for the hook to loosely fold down, so you can apply the FOE over the top edge of the fabric in a later step.
5. Lay the 7” piece back down, with RS up. Lay the assembled pocket piece on top with RS facing down, and the bottom raw edges aligned. Pin and stitch the bottom edges together. Trim the SA to 1/8”. Put aside.
6. Lay the 13” fabric piece with RS facing down, and the 5” piece on top with the RS facing up, and the top raw edges together. Attach another 5” piece of elastic, using the previous method in step 2 to join these pieces together.
7. Lay the 13” fabric piece with RS facing down, and the attached 5” piece facing up. Now lay the swivel hook/pocket piece on top with RS also facing up. Align the raw edge of the 13” and the raw edge above the hook on the 7” piece. Fold down the swivel hook, pin and cover the edges with elastic as in previous steps.
8. Fold the assembled 13” piece in half with the pockets and hook on the inside, and the RS of the lining fabric facing out. Stitch the sides together. Serge or zig zag stitch the SA. Turn RS out, using a point turner to reach the bottom corners.
9. Apply the snap following the instructions on the package.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>