SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Youth large T-shirt
- Cotton fabric for appliqué
- 4 yards of Cording
- Large eyelets with tool
- Heat n’ Bond Lite
- Sewing machine
1. Cut out a rectangle 14" x 17" from the T-shirt, one edge being the finished hem of the shirt.
2. Iron the Heat n’ Bond on the back of the cotton fabric and cut out your designs. Peel the paper backing off the designs and iron the right side of the shirt slightly lower than center. Stitch around the design using a close zigzag stitch.
3. Pin the right sides of the shirt together. The finished hem being the top edge, sew along the sides and bottom edge with overlock or zigzag, leaving ¼" not sewn at the top side.
4. Turn right side out and place the eyelets at the bottom corners half inch from the edges following the package directions.
5. Cut your cord into 2-yard lengths.
6. Thread your cord through the top hem of the shirt starting at one side and going all the way around back to the same side, repeat on the other side. Pull both ends at the same time to make sure the bag opens and closes easily.
7. Take one cord and thread through the eyelet on the same side. Tie a knot with the other cord from the same side. Repeat on the other side.