SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yd each 60" wide knit fabrics, various colors
- 1/4 yd each contrasting lightweight fabrics for flowers, various colors
- Sewing machine
- Rotary cutter and mat
WOF=Width of Fabric
1. Cut knit fabric into 3/4”xWOF pieces – at least 15 strips of various colors.
2. Sew ends of each strip together making a loop of fabric.
3. Stretch each loop tightly until fabric curls onto itself.
4. Place all seams together.
5. Cut a piece of knit fabric 4”x4”, fold edges to center and wrap around seams of loops; whipstitch ends together.
1. From lightweight fabrics, cut 3”x30” pieces.
2. Fold each piece in half lengthwise, wrong sides together, and press.
3. Trim ends from fold to raw edge at a 45-degree angle.
4. Machine or hand baste a gathering stitch along raw edge; securing one end.
4. Pull to gather.
5. Beginning at secured end, roll into a flower shape, stitching along the way.