SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 16 T-shirts
- 2 yds coordinating fabric for Backing
- 1-1/2 yds Nature’s Touch® Eco-Cotton™ Batting
- 4 yds 950F ShirTailor®
- 10-1/2" Omnigrip® Cutting Ruler
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application of all interfacing. All seams 1/4" unless otherwise indicated.
- Wash and dry T-shirts without using fabric softener.
- Cut t-shirts at both side and shoulder seams. Collect t-shirt backs and save for a future project.
- Cut sixteen 12-1/2" squares of ShirTailor®. Center one square over the graphic on the wrong side of each T-shirt and fuse.
- Place one shirt on a cutting surface and smooth. Center the Omnigrip® Cutting Ruler over the primary graphic and cut out one 10-1/2" block. Repeat for remaining T-shirts.
- Arrange cut blocks into 4 rows of 4 blocks.
- Sew blocks together in each row and press seams open. Sew rows together, making sure to align intersections. Press seams in one direction.
- Using finished quilt top as a guide, cut both batting and backing fabric to the same size.
- Place quilt top and backing right sides together. Place batting against the wrong side of the quilt top. Pin all layers.
- Sew around all 4 sides, leaving a 4" gap for turning. Trim seams and clip corners.
- Turn right side out through opening and carefully push out corners.
- Handstitch opening closed.
- Machine stitch along quilt top seams or place ties at every corner to finish.
Items in This Collection
Item # prd10006
Available for U.S. Shipping Only
$3.99 $1.99 /yd