T-Shirt Ruffled Backpack
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 T-shirts - lime green, dark pink & light pink
- 1 “Wear‘m“ Design Your Own Drawstring Backpack
- Basic sewing supplies
- Fabric glue (optional)
1. Lay t-shirts out flat having hems even.
2. Cut off the bottom hem of each shirt.
3. Cut each shirt into three 2“ strips.
4. Cut open one side of each strip for ruffles.
5. Use pencil to draw lines 1-1/2“ apart on backpack.
6. Mark centers of ruffles and backpack.
7. Sew a gathering stitch along top edge of each ruffle.
8. Match sides and center marks; pull gathering to fit.
9. Sew or glue ruffles to backpack.