SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Decorative embellishments of choice: leather, ribbon, jewelry, buttons, etc.
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Flat working surface
1. To create a tube of T-Shirt fabric, lay T-shirt flat on a work surface. Using scissors, cut a straight line from one armpit across the chest of the T-shirt to the other armpit, removing the sleeves and head hole from the T-shirt completely. Discard the sleeves and head hole portion of the T-shirt.
2. With tube of T-Shirt still flat on work surface, cut the other end of the T-shirt and remove the T-shirt hem. This will leave a raw edge at both ends of the T-shirt tube.
3. Working from left to right, cut 1” wide strips in the tube of T-shirt, be sure to leave 1” uncut at the top of the tube of T-shirt so that the strips all stay attached.
4. Pick up the cut tube of T-Shirt and gather the 1” uncut section together.
5. Use the leather or ribbon of choice to wrap and glue around the uncut section. This will cover and hold the gathered section tightly together.
6.. Decorate ribbon or leather with jewelry, buttons, etc. if desired.