T-Shirt Tote Bag
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip Fashion Art To Go Kit
- Tulip Cordless Heat-Setting Tool
- Jerzees T-Shirt, Adult's Medium
- Ironing board
- Press cloth
- Fabric scissors
- TIP: For best results, please read all manufacturer's instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Prewash T-shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets.
- Fold T-shirt in half down the center. Make sure the sleeves are matching up.
- Cut along dotted line; save scraps.
- Open up and pull center apart. The armholes should match up and should also look like handles for the bag.
- With fronts back together, fold up 1-1/2".
- Cut slits 1/2" apart up to the hem across width of bag; unfold.
- Cut 1/2" strips from T-shirt scraps into 4" lengths.
- With the strips, tie knots at the bottom of the bag. Tying both front and back together. This should close up the bottom of the bag. Refer to photo.
- Cover the bird stamp completely with silver 3-D paint from Fashion Art To Go kit.
- Flip stamp over and press onto the bag. Repeat as many times as desired. Let dry.
- Once done stamping the silver birds, cover the bird stamp completely with black 3-D paint. Stamp on top of the silver bird, slightly set-off of the silver stamp. This should give the bird a shadow appearance. Repeat for the other birds. Let dry.
- Using the black fabric marker, draw swirls in between the bird stamps.
- Place the color studs in a heart shape on the bag. Use the wax crystal applicator to place each stud and crystal. Place the tip of the heat tool right on top of a stud or crystal and hold for 2 to 3 seconds. Repeat for all studs and crystals.