T-Shirt Tote Bag
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 Jersey knit T-shirt
- 1 or 2 Iron-on transfers
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- * Only use iron with adult supervision.
- Lightly press T-shirt.
- Fold T-shirt in half lengthwise.
- Starting from the center front fold approximately 3" below the neckline; draw a "U" shape and continue a straight line up to shoulder seam.
- Measure approximately 2-3 inches from this line at shoulder toward armhole. Make a mark. Draw a second "U" shape down from shoulder around sleeve and armhole.
- Using scissors, cut out strap using markings as a guide.
- Unfold T-shirt to see bag and strap shape.
- Turn T-shirt inside out and sew along bottom.
- Turn right side out.
- Fold under 3/8" around strap. Press.
- Using a zig-zag stitch edge, sew around strap.
- Place iron-on on right side of garment.
- Following manufacturer's instructions, adhere iron-on to bag.