T-Shirt with Flower Trim
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- White T-shirt
- Fabri-Tac adhesive
- Pleated trim the length of T-shirt plus 2"
- 1-1/4 yd flower trim
- 1-1/4 yd of 1/2"-wide gathered trim
- 1/8 yd tulle to match trim
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron, pressing surface
- Cardboard: to fit inside T-shirt
- Plastic wrap
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo often.
- Iron tank top.
- Cover cardboard with plastic wrap; tape in place. Place covered cardboard inside T-shirt.
- Glue flower trim 3/4 of the way down on both sides of the pleated trim. Set one flower aside.
- Glue gathered trim around the neck.
- Allow T-shirt to dry before removing cardboard. Lift T-shirt away from the cardboard once in a while so it doesn't dry to the cardboard.
- To make the flower: cut a 3"x20" strip of tulle. Gather with fingers along the middle. Secure center with needle & thread to create a circle. Wrap gathered trim in a spiral shape; stitch to secure. Repeat twice more.
- Attach spirals to tulle circle with several stitches. Stitch a flower from the trim in the center.
- Sew tulle flower to T-shirt.