T-Shirt with Lace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Adult T-shirt
- 1-1/2 yd of 2" flat lace
- 1/4" fusible webbing
- Fray Check™
- Disapearing fabric marker
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
1. Lay t-shirt flat with shoulder seams in the back, press.
2. Measure down 5" from center of the neck, mark.
3. Measure down 5" from shoulder seams, mark on front and back.
4. Following manufacturer's directions, fuse 1/4" webbing to wrong side of lace edges.
5. Make a clean cut on lace end and seal with Fray Check.
6. Beginning at center mark, lay lace up to mark and over shoulder, pin.
7. Turn shirt over and lay lace down to mark, across to opposite mark, then up to shoulder, pin.
8. Turn shirt over and lay lace down to center, pin.
9. Cut lace and seal.
10. Iron lace to shirt.
11. Draw a cutting line 1/2" from lace on inside edge and above the side marks.
12. Cut shirt from bottom of sleeve to marked lines.
13. Cut inside edge along lines.
14. Fold edges under lace and sew.
15. Turn sides under 1/2" and sew.