T-Shirt with No-Sew Skull & Pearl Trim
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd iron-on embroidered skull trim, 3/4" wide
- 1/2 yd iron-on metallic pink pearlhead trim, 3/8" wide
- Tape measure
- Fabric pins
- Tacky glue
- Steam iron & pressing cloth
- Cut strip of embroidered skull trim the length around front neckline from left shoulder seam to right shoulder seam. Clip apart trim at bottom where crossbones are joined, leaving the top crossbones attached. This will enable trim to form curve of neckline and lay flat.
- Pin skull trim into place. Cut pieces of pink trim, 2 pearlhead rows long by 2 pearlhead rows wide. Arrange and sparingly glue these pieces in a diamond position between each skull along the front neckline of T-shirt.
- Set steam iron to wool setting. Pretest trim & T-shirt for heat tolerance. Using the pressing cloth, iron trims into place at neckline.
- Cut 4 skulls from embroidered trim. Cut 8 pieces of pearlhead trim 2 pearlheads wide by 2 pearlheads long, and 2 strips of pearlhead trim to fit across front of T-shirt. Refer to photo. Arrange and sparingly glue all pieces in place T-shirt front.
- Press all trim with steam iron & pressing cloth.