Tail Hem Dress
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Vogue pattern 8766
- Fabric and lining according to pattern envelope for view C dress plus 3/4 yd additional for sleeveless top from view D
- Notions according to pattern envelope
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing supplies
1. Follow the pattern making the following adjustments during the process.
2. To adjust hem line to accommodate new Tail Hem: measure down from center front at waist 19-1/2" and mark with pencil.
3. On the pattern draw a gradual line from center front mark to side seam. When drawing the new line, making sure the line is straight from the center front to about half way to the side seam. Then start to gradual cascade drop to side seam, (the wider opening at the center front shows more leg).
4. Cut off excess pattern tissue.
5. Cut 1 front fabric and 1 front lining. Cut the back according to pattern instructions. Sew side seams (front and back) together of fabric and lining, leaving center back open.
6. Pin new hemline, right sides together, extending the lining out 3/8", as this allows lining to stay under.
7. Sew a 5/8" seam connecting both fabrics, (the fabric will have a 1/4" seam and lining will have a 3/8" seam to equal the 5/8" seam allowance. Turn and stay stitch seam allowance to lining along hem.
8. Sew up center back seam to marking of zipper. Continue pattern instruction to complete dress.