SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit®, Luau
- Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint®, True Red Slick, Orange Slick
- Plastic to cover table
- White 100% cotton T-shirt
- 3"-4"-wide disposable paintbrush
- Water cup
- Freezer paper
- Iron & ironing surface
- Light-colored chalk pencil
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Wash shirt and leave damp. Do not use fabric softener.
2. Cover work surface with plastic and lay damp T-shirt out flat on prepared surface.
3. Prepare all One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® colors according to package instructions.
4. Fill water cup. Squeeze Violet dye onto top fifth of shirt then dip paintbrush in water and brush over color to blend downward, adding dye as needed to even out color.
5. Rinse brush and change water in your cup, then apply Teal dye below the Violet, using the wet paintbrush to blend color downward and also slightly upward into the Violet.
6. Repeat steps with remaining colors as shown, rinsing brush and changing water between colors.
7. Allow shirt to set overnight for full color saturation.
8. Rinse shirt under cold running water to remove excess dye, then wash and dry shirt according to dye package instructions.
9. Iron freezer paper to inside front of shirt to temporarily hold fabric in place and prevent paint seepage to backside.
10. Fold shirt in half lengthwise and use a chalk pencil to draw half of lips design onto front of shirt, with center of lips lined up on fold of shirt. See photograph for shaping.
11. Open shirt and lay flat. Apply Red Slick 3D Fashion Paint® inside half of lips design in a random fashion. Add some Orange Slick 3D Fashion Paint® as well.
12. Fold shirt in half again, pressing paint onto other half of shirt front to create a full lips design.
13. Open shirt, lay it flat and let dry.
14. Remove freezer paper from inside shirt.