SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 18" Pillow form
- 2 Beaded drapery tie backs, black
- 1 pair Corded tassel, black
- 2/3 yd. Crepe-back satin, white
- 2-1/4 yd Piping, black
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Ruler or tape measure
- Cutting the satin:
- One 18-1/2"x16-1/2" pillow front
- One 18-1/2"x10" back flap
- One 18-1/2"x13" back flap
- Fold the 18-1/2" edge of both back flap pieces under 1/2", press, fold under 1/2" again and press. Sew, making finished edges.
- Pin piping to the front, clipping corners to fit. Overlap the ends and pin in place. Sew piping to pillow front using a zipper foot or piping foot.
- Layer pillow front, right side up, with 2 overlapping back pieces, right sides down. Pin in place and sew together.
- Clip the corners, turn pillow right side out and place pillow for inside. Hand sew opening closed.
- Slip the beaded tieback on the pillow as shown in photo. Tie on tassels for added interest.