SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® Super Saver®, 1 skein each: Pale Plum, Pale Periwinkle, Aruba Sea
- Stiff cardboard 8" (20 cm) wide to make tassels
- Fleece fabric, cut to 40" x 60" (101.6 x 152 cm)
- Yarn needle
- Sewing needle & thread to match fleece
- Red Heart® Super Saver® available in solid color 7 oz (198 g), 364 yds (333 m); prints, multis and heathers 5 oz (141 g), 236 yds (215 m); flecks 5 oz (141 g), 260 yds (238 m) skeins
- Photographed blanket has 18 tassels; 9 at each short end.
- Use yarn from the outside of the skein (not as a pull skein) so that tassel strands will be straighter.
- Throw measures 40" x 60" (101.6 x 152 cm) without tassels
- TASSEL (make 6 with each color):
- Cut two 16” (40.6 cm) pieces of yarn and lay them across top of cardboard; these will be used to tie top of tassel.
- Wrap yarn around cardboard 90 times.
- Using the 16" (40.6 cm) ties, knot tightly. Cut tassel at opposite end. Allow ties to become part of the tassel strands below.
- Cut a 2 yd (182.8 cm)) length for wrapping the neck of the tassel. Wrap around tassel 12 times and knot ends together.
- Thread wrap ends into yarn needle and insert into middle of tassel to hide the ends. Knot can be slipped under the wraps to hide it.
- Measure 6" (15 cm) down from top of tassel and trim lower ends evenly.
- FINISHING: Mark placement of 9 tassels along 40" (101.6 cm) end of fleece; mark every 5" (12.7 cm).
- Using needle and thread, sew tassel at each mark and corners, alternating colors.
- Repeat at other end of fleece.