SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3/8 yd fabric
- 3/8 yd lining
- 3/8 yd Warm & Natural® batting
- 1/8 yd fabric for binding
- Basic sew supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Cut 2 patterns on fold of fabric, lining and batting.
- Layer fabric, batting, and lining.
- Baste bottom along straight edge.
- Quilt if desired.
- For top pull, cut a piece of binding fabric 2"x5"; press in half lengthwise, open and press edges to center. Refold and edge stitch along both long edges. Fold in half and baste to center top of cozy.
- With RST, using a 1/2" seam sew along curved edge of the tea cozy main pieces.
- Trim batting from seam and clip curve.
- If desired, trim seam with pinking shears or finish with a small zig zag stitch.
- Turn RS out; press.
- For bottom binding, cut a strip 4"x29".
- Press one edge under 1".
- With RST, sew unpressed edge binding to bottom 1" from edge.
- Fold binding to inside and slip stitch at seam line.