Teacher's Survival Kit
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cricut items:
- Personal Electronic Cutter
- Cartridges: Plantin SchoolBook, Doodlecharms, Alphalicious
- Circle tin tote
- Assorted ribbons & trims
- Black polka-dotted ribbon
- 12"x12" Cardstock: black, white, yellow, blue, red, brown, green, cream
- Small safety pin
- Label maker
- Peanuts, crayons, erasers, rubber ducky, tissue, paper clips, Starburst candy, marbles, etc.
- Cut 1-1/2" letters to spell teacher's name using Cricut machine and Alphalicious cartridge.
- Using Cricut machine, Doodlecharms cartridge and different colors of cardstock, cut one school bus, one backpack and one apple at various sizes so the images fit on the front of the cartridge.
- Adhere teacher's name, images and 3 buttons to front of tin as shown. Wrap polka-dotted ribbon around tin, tying it in a bow at the top.
- Cut one tag from cream cardstock using Cricut machine and Plantin SchoolBook cartridge. Using black cardstock, press Tall Ball feature and cut 1" letters to spell "Teacher". Cut one pink cardstock heart. Using Alphalicious cartridge and red cardstock, cut 1" letters to spell "kit". Use label maker to make strip that says "SURVIVAL". Adhere letters, label, heart and one button to tag and attach to bow on tin with safety pin.
- Using Cricut machine, Plantin SchoolBook cartridge, and black cardstock, cut 8 tags for the survival items. Using Alphalicious cartridge and various colors of cardstock, cut 1" letters to write titles for each survival item. Use the label maker for some of the longer words that won't fit on tag.
- Handwrite or use a computer to add the following text to the coordinating cards: Crayons -- To color your world bright and beautiful; Erasers -- To remind you that everyone makes mistakes and they can be erased; Starburst -- To give you a burst of energy when you need it; Paperclips -- To hold it all together; Tissue -- To wipe away the tears… yours and theirs; Marbles -- To replace the ones you've lost; Peanuts -- So you can go a little nutty.
- Assemble tags and attach to survival items with ribbon and trims. Pack each item in the tin.