Teal Blossom Cookie Stacks
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies:
- Recipe Right® 17.25"x11.5" Cookie Pan
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- 4-Pc. Blossom Nesting Metal Cutter Set (1-3/16", 1¾", and 2¼" used)
- Royal Icing Mix*
- 12 Colors Icing Color Set (Teal used)
- Cake Decorating Tip 3 (three needed)
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Black and White Layered Flowers Royal Icing Decorations (white used)
- Favorite roll-out cookie recipe
- Rolling pin
- Food-safe scissors
Start project at least 1 day in advance as Royal icing takes at least 8 hours to dry.
1. Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough following recipe directions. Use blossom 1-3/16", 1-3/4" and 2-1/4" cutters to cut shapes, one of each size, for each cookie stack. Bake cookies and allow to cool.
2. Ice cookies. Prepare royal icing according to mix direction. Tint equal portions light teal, teal and dark teal. Thin a portion of each tinted icing according to mix directions.
Use tip 3, cut disposable decorating bags and full-strength icing to outline small cookies in light teal, medium cookies in teal and large cookies in dark teal. Use thinned icing in cut disposable decorating bags to flow in icings on matching color cookies.
For smallest cookies, use thinned dark teal icing in cut disposable decorating bag to immediately pipe teardrops. Allow to dry overnight. Reserve remaining full-strength icing.
3. Stack cookies. Stack cookies largest to smallest, using dots of full- strength icing to secure. Attach icing decoration.