SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Pattern: Butterick® 4461, View E
- Fabric & notions per pattern
- 1 yd team cotton fabric
- 1 yd braided rope trim
- Measuring tape
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
1. From black fabric, cut pattern as directed except use F placement line for cutting line at bottom.
2. Trim pattern pieces one and two 1/2" down from D and E placement line. Use these to cut team fabric for top of skirt. Press bottom edge of pieces under 1/2". Place on top of skirt pieces and topstitch edge.
3. Complete skirt per pattern, stopping at hem directions.
4. Cut two pieces of team fabric 6" by fabric width. Seam 6" edges. Fold in half forming a 3" wide strip.
5. With right sides together, pin strip to bottom edge of skirt. Pleat and pin fabric around skirt hem. Stitch 5/8" seam, finish edge, and understitch.
6. Hand stitch rope trim to waist.
Note: Any finished product made using team fabric is for personal use only. It should not be sold to anyone.