Tear Drop Fur Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd. High Pile faux fur (makes 2 pillows)
- Poly-fil stuffing
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Enlarge and print pattern. Piece pattern together, tape and cut out pattern.
- Lay pattern back with the faux fur side facing down. Pin the pattern in place on faux fur and using a marker trace two shapes per pillow.
- Cut the pattern pieces out following the tip instructions.
- Lay fabric faux fur sides together, pin in place.
- Stitch around perimeter leaving a 5" opening for turning at the bottom.
- Clip 1/4" apart around the curves and turn.
- Stuff the pillow and stitch the opening closed.
Tips for working with faux fur:
- The nap should be going in the same direction on all pattern pieces.
- Do all tracing and marking on the wrong side of the fabric.
- Cut out one pattern piece at a time.
- Cut only the backing and not the faux fur pile. With the wrong side of the fabric facing up, slide the scissors into backing. Cut just the backing. If there is a drag, the nap is also being cut. Back off and start again (practice cutting on a scrap of fabric to get the feel for it).
- Tuck the faux fur to the inside while pinning.
- Choose a longer stitch length.
Tear Drop Fur Pillow is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by AMANDA from SO MUCH FUN TO MAKE LOVED THE FUR AND HOW FORGIVING IT WAS TO SEW WITH
Date published: 2016-11-29