SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ items:
- Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint: Beach Glass, Summer Linen
- Multi-Surface Pearl Acrylic Craft Paint: Mint Chip
- Tintable Fabric Medium
- Foam Pouncers Set
- Stencil Brush Set
- Large Stencils, Tendrils
- Stencil Tape
- Brush & Stencil Cleaner
- Linens and bedding accessories of choice
How to Paint the Stencil:
TIP: Practice technique or check color by first making a sample print on paper or scrap fabric.
1. Place stencil on surface and secure using tape. If using spray adhesive, spray stencil first, then place on surface.
2. Pour a small amount of paint onto palette. Load paint sparingly on a stencil brush or sponge and dab off excess. Lightly dab on a thin layer of paint; apply a second coat if necessary. Paint all areas of one color on the stencil before moving on to the next.
3. While paint is still wet, carefully peel off stencil.
4. Continue painting areas of the stencil according to design. Let the paint dry completely before placing another stencil (or color) over it. Note: Mix fabric medium with paint before painting the pillowcase and the headboard slipcover.
1. Wash all stencils, brushes, and tools immediately after use before the paint dries. Use Martha Stewart Crafts™ Brush & Stencil Cleaner to remove dried paint.
2. Repair torn stencils with transparent tape. Place tape on both sides of the tear and cut away the excess with a craft knife.