SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Landscapes® Desert Spring, 1 ball or color of choice
- Stitch markers
- Large-eyed blunt needle
- Circular knitting needle size 9 (5.5 mm), 29" (73.5 cm) long
- Finished Circumference About 33" (84 cm)
- Finished Height About 51?2 (14 cm)
- 15 sts + 24 rows = about 4" (10 cm) over pattern.
- BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- STITCH EXPLANATIONS
- ssk (slip, slip, knit) Slip next 2 sts as if to knit, one at a time, to right needle; insert left needle into fronts of these 2 sts and knit them tog – 1 st decreased.
- Yo (yarn over)
- An increase that also creates a small decorative hole (eyelet) in the fabric, worked as follows:
- 1. Bring yarn to front, between the needles.
- 2. Take yarn to back, over the right needle. This creates the new st. Proceed with the next st as instructed.
- With circular needle, cast on 123 sts. Place marker for beg of rnd. Join by working the first st on the left hand needle with the working yarn from the right hand needle and being careful not to twist sts.
- Rnd 1: *Yo, ssk, k1; rep from * around.
- Rep Rnd 1 until piece measures about 51?2" (14 cm) from beginning.
- Bind off.
- Weave in ends.
- k = knit
- rep = repeat(s)(ing)
- rnd(s) = round(s)
- st(s) = stitch(es)