SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Sculpey® III Jewelry Gold
- Sculpey® III Blue Pearl
- Sculpey® Clay Conditioning Machine
- Sculpey® Acrylic Roller
- Sculpey® Clay Tool Starter Set
- Sculpey® Etch N Pearl
- Sculpey® Super Slicer
- Rubber stamp or texture sheet
- Earwires & jump rings
Do not use unbaked clay on unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Start with clean hands and work surface area. Good work surfaces include wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean your hands in between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275° for 15 minutes per 1/4" thickness. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME. Wash hands after use. Baking should be completed by an adult.
Preheat oven to 275°. Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. For best results, condition all clay by running it through the Clay Conditioning Machine several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
1. With Clay Conditioning Machine on #1 (thickest) setting, roll out a sheet of Blue Pearl clay. Spray rubber stamp or texture sheet with water. Firmly press into the clay. Using the Super Slicer, cut two rectangles about 3/4" x 1".
2. With Clay Conditioning Machine on #4 setting, roll out a sheet of Jewelry Gold clay. Cut 4 strips about 3/4" x 1". Holding the flexible Super Slicer blade in a curve, cut a curved edge on each piece. Arrange the Jewelry Gold pieces over the top and bottom edges of the Blue Pearl rectangles. Trim edges.
3. With tools, add rows of dots or patterns as desired on the Jewelry Gold layers. Using the needle tool from the Clay Tool Starter Set, pierce a hole in the top center of each earring.
4. Bake at 275° for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Insert jump rings through the holes and attach earring wires.