Thankful for Family Framed Chalkboard
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Martha Stewart Crafts™:
- Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint: Purple Yam, Hydrangea Purple, Green Olive, Mace, Pollen, Summer Linen
- Chalkboard Paint –Black
- Chalkboard Silkscreens – Bodoni Alphabet
- Chalkboard Stencils –Pendant Bunting
- Dauber Set
- Patterning Tape
- Frame & board insert
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Foam plates
1. Apply chalkboard paint to insert referring to bottle for application instructions. Let dry. Condition chalkboard surface by rubbing side of chalk over entire surface and wipe with soft cloth or paper towel.
2. Center pendant element from stencil onto top edge of chalkboard surface. Apply colors as shown with daubers. Repeat pendant element on either side of centered design.
3. Cut apart silkscreen letters and spell out “THANKFUL” centered under pendant. Secure with tape if needed.
4. Apply erasable chalk through silkscreen, being careful not to over-saturate.
5. Remove screen.
6. Write additional words or designs with chalk.