Thanksgiving Pie Tray
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DecoArt Americana® Acrylics: Snow (Titanium) White, Cranberry Wine, Hauser Light Green, Graphite, Mustard Seed, Spiced Pumpkin
- Wooden tray
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- 1" flat brush
- #2 round brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- Tracing & transfer paper
Note: Let dry completely between painting steps.
1. Paint entire tray with Graphite and 1" flat brush.
2. To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
3. Transfer oval part of pattern down onto face of tray with tracing and transfer paper.
4. Fill in oval with Hauser Light Green and 1" flat brush.
5. Mix (6) parts Cranberry Wine with (1) part Snow White. Use mixture and #2 round brush to paint 1/4" band around Hauser Light Green oval.
6. Transfer rest of pattern onto oval with pencil and transfer and tracing paper.
7. Fill in colors using #2 round brush. While all colors are still wet, add tiny bit of Snow White to brush and highlight each color a little to give definition. (i.e. Paint circle and H and K Cranberry Wine. Without washing brush, add tiny bit of Snow White to brush and add highlight to H and K. Continue this method with rest of colors.)
8. Using 1/4" flat brush and 1:1 mixture of Graphite and Snow White, make checkerboard pattern around edge of tray.
9. Mix (1) part Hauser Light Green with (1) part Snow White and use to make random polka dots with #2 round brush, varying sizes.
10. Outline oval, pie, silverware, and letters with Graphite and #2 liner brush.
11. Distress edges and Graphite area slightly with sandpaper.
Topcoat with a sealer to protect if desired.
Use multiple coats as needed.