Thanksgiving Turkey Napkin Rings
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paint & painting supplies
- Coffee filters
- Recycled materials of choice
- Spray bottle
1. To make turkey bodies, draw fall-colored leaves with Crayola® crayons on coffee filters. With Crayola® washable markers, draw lines throughout the filter. For turkey wattles (known as gobblers), color another coffee filter with red crayon and markers.
2. Cover the work area with recycled newspaper. Spritz the filters with water so the marker and crayon colors blend together. Allow to dry.
3. Bunch filters together to form turkey bodies, heads, long necks, and gobblers. Add small tip of orange for beaks and dots of black for eyes. Use Crayola® school glue to hold all the parts together. Allow to dry.
4. Using Crayola® scissors cut several cardboard tubes for napkin rings. Paint the rings with Crayola® washable kid's paint and paint brushes. Allow to dry.
5. Glue your turkeys to the napkin rings. Allow to dry. Fill with holiday napkins.