Thanksgiving Turkey T-Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Circle Shape Template: 81?2"x11"
- Ovals Shape Template: 81?2"x11"
- 8" Razor-edge Soft-grip® Scissors
- Assorted fabrics
- Adhesive fabric spray or fusible fabric bond
- Embroidery floss & needle
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
Refer to photo.
1. Use Ovals Shape Template to create the turkey wings. Measure, trace & cut five 3"x4" ovals from fabrics, alternating solids & patterns.
2. Fan the 5 wing circles on the front of the T-shirt to form a semi-circle. Apply a fabric bond to the wrong side of the wings; adhere to the T-shirt.
3. Sew a small zigzag stitch close to the edge of each wing to add detail & to prevent fraying.
4. Use Circle Shape Template to create the turkey body. On a piece of brown fabric, trace a 11?2" circle for the head. Trace a 21?2" circle for the body 1/2" below the head circle. Draw 2 lines connecting the circles to form the neck. Cut out as one full piece.
5. Two French knots form the turkey eyes. To make a French knot, bring the needle through the back to the front of the fabric. Hold the needle against the fabric & wrap the floss around the needle 3 times. Insert the needle back through the fabric, very close to where it came up; then pull the floss all the way through.
6. Embroider orange triangle beak.
7. Trace “GOBBLE” backwards on the wrong side of a fabric. Cut out letters with Razor-edge Soft-grip® Scissors.
8. Use a straight stitch to sew the letters underneath the turkey on the front of the T-shirt.