The Elf on the Shelf Cupcakes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:
- Elf on the Shelf® Standard Baking Cups
- Standard Muffin Pan
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy (6 oz. makes 15 to 16 treats)
- Candy Melts Dipping Tools (spear tool used)
- Holiday Nonpareils
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Elf on the Shelf® Holding Candy Cane Royal Icing Decorations
- 9" Angled Spatula
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing ”” 4.5 lb. tub
- Favorite cupcake mix or recipe
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Standard marshmallows
1. Make cupcakes. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cupcakes in baking cups and allow to cool.
2. Dip marshmallows. Melt light cocoa Candy Melts candy in microwave-safe bowl according to package directions. Use spear tool from set to dip marshmallows in melted light cocoa candy. Tap spear gently on edge of bowl to smooth and remove excess candy. Immediately dip top of marshmallows in nonpareils. Place marshmallows on parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Allow to cool in refrigerator until firm, about 10 to 15 minutes. Reserve remaining melted light cocoa candy.
3. Add icing decoration. Use melted light cocoa candy to attach icing decoration to front of marshmallow. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Decorate cupcakes. Use spatula and decorator icing to ice tops of cupcakes smooth. Place candy-coated marshmallows in center of cupcakes. Secure with icing if necessary.