The Lemonade Stand
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fiskars&®:Corner Squeeze Punch 1/2" RoundUltra ShapeXpress&™ Shape CutterShape Template-CircleTitanium Comfort Stick Rotary Cutter 45 mm
- Yellow spray paint
- Yellow & light pink cardstock
- 4" diameter paper doilies
- Two eyelets
- Zip ties
- Two 1" X 2' wood poles
- Kids' play table
1. Cut five yellow and five pink 3" x 12" rectangles out of cardstock. Fold cardstock in half and round the bottom two corners with Fiskars&® Corner Squeeze Punch 1/2" Round.
2. Cut two 50" pieces of twine, lay twine together. String twine between folds of cardstock and glue closed at the bottom of cardstock. Be sure the string is free at the top of the fold so the pennants can be slid later for easy placement. Paint "Lemonade" on inner eight rectangles, one letter per rectangle.
3. Take two 1" x 2' wood poles and spray paint yellow, allow to dry.
4. Use zip ties to strap poles to the legs of kids' play table to support the awning.
5. Screw in a threaded eyelet at the top of each pole.
6. Tie each end of the awning banner to the eyelets tautly.
Front of Stand
1. Lean chalkboard in front of the table and add a hand-written menu.
2. Create lemon decorations to hide zip ties. Cut two strips of 1-1/2" x 6-3/4" yellow cardstock for each lemon.
3. Use scoring blade in Fiskars&® Titanium Comfort Stick Rotary Cutter to score every 3/4".
4. Accordion-fold each score and adhere the two pieces into one long strip. Adhere the ends together to form a continuous circle.
5. Cut a 4-1/4" yellow circle from cardstock for each lemon using Fiskars&® Ultra ShapeXpress&™ Shape Cutter and Fiskars&® Shape Template-Circle. Hot glue a 4" paper doily to the front.
6. Flatten accordion circle at center and hot glue to the center of the paper doily.
7. Strategically attach lemon decorations to hid zip ties on lemonade stand.