Thick Snowfall Blanket
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Premier Yarns Couture Jazz (81% Acrylic, 19% Polyamide; 100gm/16.5 yds) Milk – 8 balls
- Sewing needle & thread in color to match yarn
- FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
- Width: approx. 36"
- Length: approx. 50"
- 2 sts and 3 rows = 4" in arm knit Stockinette st.
- Exact gauge is not important to this project. Work evenly and consistently throughout.
- STITCH GUIDE
- Arm Knitting
- To cast on: Make a large slip knot about 2 yards from end of yarn, place slip knot on right arm. *With left hand twist a loop in tail, with right hand reach through loop and grab working yarn, pull yarn through loop and place on right arm to form a stitch; repeat from* until indicated number of loops are on right arm.
- To knit from right arm to left: * Pick up working yarn in your right hand, slide next st on right arm over hand and off arm, place new stitch from right hand onto left arm; repeat from * to end of row.
- To knit from left arm to right: * Pick up working yarn in your left hand, slide next st on left arm over hand and off arm, place new stitch from left hand onto right arm; repeat from * to end of row.
- To bind off: Knit 2 sts, slide 1st st over 2nd st and off arm, * knit next st, slide 1st st over new st and off arm; repeat from * until 1 st remains, cut yarn and pull through last loop.
- Cable 4 Right (C4R): Slide next 2 sts off left arm and drop them to back of work, slide next 2 sts off left arm and hold them with fingers of right hand, replace 2 dropped sts onto left arm, replace 2 held sts onto left arm, knit these 4 sts in their new order.
- Cable 4 Left (C4L): Slide next 2 sts off left arm and drop them to front of work, slide next 2 sts off left arm and hold them with fingers of right hand, replace 2 dropped sts onto left arm, replace 2 held sts onto left arm, knit these 4 sts in their new order.
- PATTERN NOTES
- The cleanest way to deal with the ends of this jumbo yarn is to sew them together with needle and thread. Sew all the skeins together end-to-end, tucking the raw edges inside the tube as you sew. Wind them into a single giant ball of yarn before you begin knitting.
- Cast on 20 sts. Work in arm knitting throughout.
- Row 1 (Right arm to Left arm): K2, p1, * k4, p1; repeat from * two more times, k2.
- Row 2 (Left arm to Right arm): K2, p1, * k4, p1; repeat from * two more times, k2.
- Row 3: Repeat Row 1.
- Row 4 (Left arm to Right arm): K2, P1, C4R, p1, k4, p1, C4L, p1, k2.
- Repeat Rows 1-4, 6 more times, then work Row 1 once more.
- Bind off.
- Weave in beginning and ending tails for about an inch by using your fingers to poke and pull the end between the stitches. Use needle and thread to sew the ends in place.
- C4L - Cable 4 Left – See Stitch Guide
- C4R - Cable 4 Right – See Stitch Guide
- k - knit
- p - purl
- st(s) - stitch(es)